Click here for the printable version
a. AUDITION DVD ROUND: refer to the audition DVD specifications
b. FINAL ROUND: Up to five (5) pianists will be selected to participate in final round.
Each participant will perform two (2) solo recitals of seventy five (75) minutes, including pauses,
with freely chosen contrasting works*
*The solo works from the Audition DVD Round may be performed in the Final Round.
*One or more compositions by Eugen d’Albert may be included in the Final Round recital(s) to
compete for a Special Prize for the Best Interpretation of a work by Eugen d’Albert.
The application must be accompanied by:
a. A CD including the following documents
1) current biography approximately 300 words (as a WORD file)
2) two (2) photographs suitable for publication purpose (as 300dpi JPEG file)
3) scanned birth certificate or passport (as PDF or JPEG file)
4) list of three (3) recital program proposals and four (4) concerti for piano and orchestra which
the applicant is able to perform anytime during the seasons 2013 through 2015 (as a WORD
b. AUDITION DVD
c. a CHF 120 non-refundable application fee using one of the following methods
1) bank transfer: after conversion and bank fees, made payable to:
Beneficiary: Eugen d’Albert Society
IBAN: CH1109000000657131298 Account Number: 65-713129-8
2) PayPal on the Competition website
1) virtuoso etude
2) At least two (2) other contrasting periods and styles of compositions which demonstrate the
applicant’s musicianship and technical capabilities. One fast movement of a concerto for piano
and orchestra (may be accompanied by a second piano) can be accepted.
b. The performance must be recorded with one fixed camera positioned to show the applicant’s face and
hands throughout recording.
c. NO EDITING IS PERMITTED
d. Poor sound quality will automatically disqualify the application.
e. DVD and its cover must clearly show:
1) name of applicant
2) title, number, key, opus, movements of each composition recorded and listed in order of
performance on the DVD
3) exact timing of each piece
4) date and place of recording
Foreign competitors who require a visa will be issued a letter of invitation upon request.
Competitors will be given details of the competition schedule and details in mid October 2012.
The Eugen d’Albert International Music Competition accepts no responsibility for lost DVDs or
documents. All application materials become the Competition’s property.
Copyright 2012 Eugen d'Albert International Music Competition. All rights reserved.